Fat ‘burning’ foods are all the rage these days. Of course, they don’t literally burn fat. What they do is help you lose weight through doing a host of helpful things like keeping you full and increasing your metabolic rate. With that said, here’s a short list of my favorites and why I like ‘em!
1. Nuts – When I’m hungry, I love grabbing a handful of nuts (hah!). I take a small zip-lock bag to work and munch on them during the day. Try and stay away from salted, just go for plain.
2. Cherry Tomatoes – These are awesome when you’ve got a hankering for something sweet. I keep a fresh bowl on my kitchen counter-top and pop one or two when I’m passing.
3. Watermelon – I love eating watermelon with a bowl of naturally sweetened yoghurt. It’s also great to eat by itself on a summer’s day. My dog loves it, too!
4. Popcorn – This is another great little snack you can make in under 5 minutes. Air-popped is best. Add your own flavorings to a plain bag and enjoy.
5. Eggs – The reason I love eggs is they’re just so versatile. I like to cook 1-2 hard-boiled eggs, refrigerate them overnight, chop them up and mix with mayo and curry powder, then add to salads and crackers.
For a full list of foods, I highly recommend you checkout Leanrunnerbean’s 25 best fat burning foods for women.